In these challenging times I wanted to check in, as your local Member of Parliament, to make sure you know where to find the most up-to-date information on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For National updates head to health.gov.au
- Local updates and information can be found at sahealth.sa.gov.au/covid2019If you're on Facebook I also recommend you consider following SA Health
- To check symptoms visit healthdirect.gov.au
- To find out the latest travel advice check out smartraveller.gov.au
- For general questions call the Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
I appreciate that it hasn’t been easy for people to adjust to an environment that is changing by the day if not by the hour but let me reassure you that your health and the health of your family remains your government’s number one priority.
The State Government has acted swiftly and decisively to deliver a state-wide response to COVID-19. Significant planning and preparations have been undertaken and we are rolling out a plan to help:
- Protect South Australians
- Slow the spread of the virus
- Support business to keep people in jobs
To help do your part to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading please continue to listen to the advice of health authorities. I also encourage everyone to practise good hygiene. This includes:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of tissues properly
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
- cleaning and sanitising frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets.
Read more about protective measures against coronavirus on the World Health Organization website.
There’s no doubt we’re living in difficult and unprecedented times. I know many of you personally and I want you to know that you can reach out to me and my office at any time, to seek advice and support, and to have your questions answered. If we can’t answer them, we’ll do all we can to find someone who can.
We have a strong plan in place and you can be confident that your government is doing everything in its power to ensure South Australia emerges stronger and more resilient in these challenging times.